- Auto & General is chosen by Carinfo.co.za as the car insurer with the best customer service in 2013, a distinction shared with Momentum.
- On 1 April 2014, MUA Insurance Acceptances started underwriting on behalf of Auto & General Insurance.
- Hollard Insurance and Telesure Investment Holdings join forces to pilot a Supplier Development Programme for Motor Body Repairers.
- Virseker announced its sponsorship of Afrikaans is Groot – one of South Africa’s biggest and most popular celebrations of Afrikaans music.
- International credit rating agency, Global Credit Ratings (GCR), awarded Auto & General Insurance with a claims paying ability rating of AA-. The rating signifies a very high claims paying ability, with strong protection factors.
- Auto & General is placed amongst the top 3 short-term insurers (personal lines category) at the 16th annual Financial Intermediaries Association of Southern Africa (FIA) Awards.
- In the interest of good corporate citizenship and to enhance the safety of the wider Fourways community, Auto & General Insurance donated five vehicles to the Douglasdale SAPS
- Budget Insurance introduced an optional Cash Back Bonus offering for both new and existing customers.
- Auto & General wins two prestigious awards - Best Insurer in the Commercial Vehicle and Fleet Sector at the inaugural TruckX Conference & Awards and the First Time Sponsor Award at the 17th annual Business Day BASA Awards.
- 1st for Women launches a smartphone application that gives users immediate access to Assist Services, request Guardian Angels, manage their policies, submit claims and many more exciting features.
- Auto & General Business Insurance has extended its motor vehicle insurance offering to include heavy commercial vehicles up to 10 tons.